The following position is to be occupied at the University of Rostock, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Department of Visual & Analytic Computing, Cognitive Methods for Situation-Aware Assistive Systems Junior Research Group. The Position is for the duration of three years starting on 01.02.2020 within the Project „eDem-Connect – Development of a Communication and Services Platform for the Caregivers of People with Dementia in Cases of Challenging Behaviour“ for the topic of development of an ontology for a communication and services platform with methods from the field of natural language processing and is subject to funding availability.
Scientific staff position (PhD candidate)
(Salary scale 13 TV-L, full-time position, fixed term, qualification position)
- development of an ontology for a communication and services platform for the caregivers of people with dementia in cases of challenging behaviour
- work in interdisciplinary environment with domain experts from the nursing sciences
- development of methods for automatic knowledge extraction and ontology learning from textual sources based on natural language processing approaches
- integration of the developed ontology in a prototype communication and services platform
- experimental evaluation of the ontology with application in the chatbot-based support of the caregivers of people with dementia
- supervision of student assistants and student works in the context of the project
- publication of the results
Requirements for applying to the position:
- successfully completed university degree (Diplom, Master or comparable) in the field of computer science with a good grade
- founded theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in the field of artificial intelligence / computational intelligence, especially machine learning and natural language processing
- ability to work practically and experimentally with existing current software infrastructures from the fields of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- ability and interest for independent research and for presenting results in scientific publications
- good knowledge of written and spoken English and German language
- self-organisation and ability to work in interdisciplinary research groups
- the applicant’s commitment in working on his / her own research qualification is expected
- a diverse and ambitious topic in a university with traditions, that however offers innovative, modern and family friendly atmosphere in a city located on the Baltic Sea
- contract according to the regulations of the contract rate for the public sector of the state (TV-L)
- the option to work on her / his own doctor degree
- part-time position
- compensation according to salary group 13 TV-L given that the personal and rate requirements are fulfilled
The position is also suitable for part-time work. In case, such applications are submitted, it will be proven whether the request of part-time work is possible.
The position is a fixed-term position according to § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
University of Rostock is following the university management guidelines.
Equality is an integral part of our policy towards personnel. Applications of candidates with impairments or equivalent persons are welcomed. The University of Rostock aspires the increase of women in research and teaching and explicitly welcomes highly qualified women to apply to the position. Applications from persons with foreign nationalities or with migration background are also welcome.
If so desired, the staff council can be involved in the application procedure. In such case, please include in your application documents a formless request for the involvement of the staff council.
We are looking forward to your applications per Email with the standard documents, that are to be submitted at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 01.01.2020. When sending your application, please use the subject “Ausschreibung D 191/2019“. Only applications that are submitted on time will be considered. Please, submit your application together with all relevant documents in a pdf format as a single file. The protection of your personal data is very important for us. To ensure this, your data will be collected, processed and used according to the data protection regulations.
Application- and travel costs cannot be covered by the State Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. For further questions, please, contact us under:
Department of Visual & Analytic Computing Dr. Kristina Yordanova, Tel. 0381/4987432
Staff service Franziska Braatz, Tel. 0381/498-1291